Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Path to Peace and Joy

For this series I was inspired by a beautiful talk "The Path to Peace and Joy" by Elder Richard G. Scott. (Look it up on LDS.org) In this talk Elder Scott gently reminds of the need to repent, the process of how to do so, and the joy that will come when we do. As I have reflected and pondered over the beautiful gift of repentance I have learned a lot about myself and also my loving Savior. As of lately I've realized the deep need and want for Him in my life. As I explored the process of repentance I've learned that the Savior is more loving than I could have ever imaged and that He can fix all wounds, no matter how broken you think you are. Repentance is beautiful and brings joy and I hope and pray that these images can reflect that.

Pride


Pain


Recognition


Sorrow


Humility


Turning Away





















Abandonment


Confession





















Restitution


Peace





















This was the first time I've ever been able to put my religion into my work. It was kind of an incredible experience!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great Sarah! There's so much emotion it's almost tangible. I think the composition is really nice, the lighting is great, and I just really love the series. Excellent job all around! :)

    ReplyDelete